Wednesday, March 30, 2011

(Review) Borsao Red Wine 2008 (Bodegas Borsao Spain)

Mystique: 1-10 points
Score: 2
never heard of it extra point for Spain, I like Spanish wines

Color: 1-10 points
Score: 8
nice ruby red with good legs

Scent: 1-10 points
Score: 7
average dry wine grape smell

Initial Impression: 1-10 points
Score: 7
Unassuming Abstract art in dark colors on the bottle

Feel: 1-10 points
Score 6
unimpressive standard wine consistency

Taste: 1-10 x 4 points
Score: 28
smooth slightly dry with a lot of tannin

Raw Score Total: 56 points

Bonus Points: 1-10
Value 1-10 points
Score 9
$8.99 a bottle

Total Score: 65 points

I had never heard of this wine. It was recommended to me by one of the Sommeliers at the fancy wine store I go to based on my liking of a similar Portuguese red table wine. I like wine, but I'm no connoisseur. I generally look for something that tastes good with food and is fairly inexpensive. This was surprisingly enjoyable. It had an even, smooth taste that was a little dry but not too dry. It would pair perfect with red meat or pizza. It's fairly average as red table wines go, fine with dinner and that's about it. I didn't enjoy it as much as other wines I have had in it’s class, but I bet I could make a pretty good sangria out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment